yourtexasbenefits.com food stamps and medicaid
www.yourtexasbenefits.com allows you to self-screen for potential eligibility for programs provided by the Texas Health and Human Services Commission and other Texas state agencies.
You can apply for any Texas State Benefit such as food stamps, insurance and medicaid today.
This website offers you simple and secure online access to Texas Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) benefits including Medicaid, Food Stamps, Temporary Help for Needy Families (TANF), Children’s Health Insurance, and nursing home care and other services for people who are elderly or have disabilities.
Apply only for Medicaid for Youth Transitioning out of Foster Care: People who were in foster care on their 18th birthday and are now age 18 through 20 may receive Medicaid. For more information, call toll free 1-800-248-1078, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Central Time.
This website allows you to apply for benefits including:
- Food Stamps,
- Temporary Help for Needy Families (TANF),
- Medicare Savings Program,
- Long Term Care Services and Support
- Community-based services for persons with mental retardation, and
- Community-based services for the elderly or persons with disabilities other than mental retardation
- Medical Help,
- Children’s Health Insurance,
- Medicaid for pregnant women,
- Medicaid for low income adults who are caring for a child living in the home, and
- Medical Help for the Elderly and Disabled, including payment for care in nursing homes, other institutional settings, or for persons who have lost SSI benefits.
Choose to ‘Complete screening’ on the home page of this website. You will find out the programs for which you may qualify to receive benefits. You will need to fill out and submit an application and complete the eligibility process in order to officially determine if you qualify for benefits.
After you have submitted all information and verification documents to complete your application, your application will be reviewed by HHSC to determine whether you are eligible to receive benefits. You will be told of the choice by HHSC.